Are you in an emergency or crisis?
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please seek help urgently by contacting one of the following:
- Call 911 or go to your local hospital’s emergency room.
- Call the Vancouver Island Crisis Line at 1-888-494-3888 for free support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) to get help right away, any time of day or night. It’s a free call.
- Call your local Crisis Line: 310-6789 (do not add 604, 778 or 250 before the number) for support 24 hours a day without a wait or busy signal. The Crisis Lines have received advanced training in mental health issues and services by members of the BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information.
- Call Kid’s Help Phone: for children and youth aged 5 to 20. Call 1-800-668-6868 to speak to a professional counsellor, 24 hours a day. It’s free, confidential, anonymous and available across Canada. They can also refer you to local services and resources. Available in English and French.
Here are some further resources for getting urgent help when you need it:
AMBULANCE/FIRE/POLICE – EMERGENCY
In case of emergency call 911
Tofino General Hospital: 250-725-4010
Hesquiaht Health Clinic: 250-670-1100
Ahousaht Clinic: 250-670-2509
Tonquin Medical Clinic: 250-725-3282
Ucluelet Medical Clinic: 250-726-4443