The Children Who Witness Abuse Counselling Program offers: - Individual or group counselling for the child or youth - Support for the parent or caregivers
CHILDREN WHO WITNESS ABUSE COUNSELLING, WCRS
When it concerns abuse, anyone can call the Helpline for Children ... anytime, day or night. Simply dial "310-1234 (no area code needed)".
MINISTRY OF CHILD AND FAMILY DEVELOPMENT
- Child protection Services (off of Reserve and to non Nuu –chah-Nulth Aboriginal People off of Reserve)
- Youth probation Services (On and Off of reserve)
- Child and Youth with Special needs – Developmental Disabilities, Autism Services and “At Home Services” (On and off of Reserve)
- Adoption Services (off of Reserve)
- Fostering and Recruitment Services (Off of Reserve)
For child protection concerns or to request family support services, phone (250) 720-2650, and ask for the Intake Social Worker for the Day.
For new CYMH referrals, phone (250) 720-2650 and ask for the CYMH Intake worker. For West Coast requests, contact the Port Alberni office at (250) 720-2650.
For CYSN, including services for children with a diagnosis of a Developmental Disability or Autism, please contact Barb Gulewich or Paul Shepherd at (250) 720-2650.
If you know that MCFD is already involved with the child, please tell the receptionist, who will then put you in touch with the worker responsible for the file.
For callers from out of town, please call the toll-free number: 1-866-823-4249.
NTC SOCIAL WORKERS
WESTCOAST TRANSITION HOUSE
Provides safe shelter & crisis support for women & children from Bamfield to Hot Springs. Crisis line On call 24 hours